Tuesday, June 28, 2016
Saturday, June 25, 2016
Effects of location on Tower
- Will the tower protrude on the skyline and the planning permission required? Most of the authorities/civic bodies include the tower height in to the total height of the building.
- Is the tower roof mounted? If so, is the roof loading satisfactory?
- Is the electricity supply available? What is the voltage, phase and frequency?
- Is the make up water available in sufficient quantity and pressure?
- Are the foundation required, and who provides?
- Does the site allow access for maintenance, painting, treatment and cleaning etc.?
- Does the site provide for drain and over flow?
- Is the tower in best orientation?
Effects of Tower on location
- Particularly on air conditioning, is the noice level suitable for night as well as daytime operation, where applicable?
- Is the building structure of such a type as to transmit vibration or are anti-vibration pads or mountings required?
- Can the moist air discharge escape satisfactorily or does it discharge past and into adjacent windows?
- With the possible combination of high water temperature and winter operation, will the condensing vapour plume prove a nuisance e.g. top floor site in the city?
- Architectural treatment can be applied to the tower and surroundings if required.
- Prior to erection has been visited?
- Was the access and route of access checked?
- Are scaffolding, crane or hoisting required? Who will provide this?
- Ensure that all safety guards are fitted prior to test.
- How long will off-loading take?
- During erection, remember that full statutory regulation must be observed, local fire regulations, building, safety, health etc.